Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
iOS

password for direct-5c-hp deskjet 3700 series? many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @DavePrewer,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see you need help with the HP wifi direct password. Have you tried the default 12345678? Please give it a try. 
If not, I have shared the steps with the Windows set up.

Print with Wi-Fi Direct (Windows):

• Send a print job using a direct wireless connection between your printer and a Windows computer.
  • How to use Wi-Fi Direct to print from a Windows computer | HP Printers
  • Find the Wi-Fi Direct name and password. For example, DIRECT-72-HP OfficeJet Pro 6970.
  • HP Smart app: From the app home screen, click the image of your printer, and then click Advanced Settings to open the printer Embedded Web Server (EWS). From the EWS home page, click the Network or Networking tab, and then click Wi-Fi Direct > Setup or Wi-Fi Direct Setup to view the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
  • LOCATION OF WI-FI DIRECT NAME AND PASSWORD FOR MOST HP PRINTERS (LEFT) AND HP LASERJET PRINTERS (RIGHT)
  • Locations of Wi-Fi Direct name and password in the EWS
  • Printers with a touchscreen control panel: On the control panel, touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon to view the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
  • Printers without a touchscreen control panel: On the control panel, press the Information button to print an Information Report. Printing reports from the control panel can vary by printer model.
  • Depending on your printer, another method might be:
  • Press and hold the Wi-Fi Direct button for 3 seconds.
  • Press the Wi-Fi Direct and Information buttons at the same time.
  • Press and hold the Resume button ( or ) for up to 10 seconds until the report prints.
  • HP DeskJet 6000, 6400, ENVY 6000, 6400, and Tango printers: Touch and hold the Information button until all buttons light up, and then touch the Information and Cancel buttons at the same time.
  • In Windows, search for and open Printers and scanners.
  • Click Add a printer or scanner, and then click Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
  • Clicking Show Wi-Fi Direct printers
  • Select your printer starting with DIRECT in the name and followed by the model name.
  • There might be multiple Wi-Fi Direct printers within range of your computer. Make sure to select the name of your printer in the list to prevent connection and print job issues.
  • Selecting your printer with Wi-Fi Direct in the name
  • Click Add device, and then wait for a PIN to print or display on the printer control panel.
  • Enter the WPS PIN within 90 seconds, and then click Next to complete the connection. If the PIN expires, close the Printers & Scanners window, and then follow the same steps again to add a Wi-Fi Direct printer.
  • Typing the WPS PIN when adding a Wi-Fi Direct printer in Windows 10
  • If a Driver is unavailable status message displays after entering the PIN, go to 123.hp.com to download and install the print driver.
  • Example of Driver is unavailable message
  • Open the item you want to print, click File, and then click Print.
  • Select your Wi-Fi Direct printer from the list, and then click Print.

If you are using MAC or android device, I have shared this link where you can find the troubleshooting steps. 

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/ish_1841315-1637332-16

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.