Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Further to the above and the solution to my problem with the HP 3050.

Matter solved but with NO help from HP - NO HELP whatsoever!

HP created a very bad impression. 

The printer is good - but why do HP not try to help people running Mac Big Sur?

Do HP just want people to dump the HP3050 and buy another HP printer?

It was only through perseverance and help from people on the MacForum that I managed to keep my HP3050 running.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Your link doesn't connect to anything !

Can you check as i'm in a similar hole with my Deskjet 1050A !

HP Recommended

OK - well, as far as customer 'service' (a contradiction in terms with regard to HP) is concerned - it seems that anyone with one of the older HP printers should try anywhere apart from HP. People had told me that HP has "a bad reputation for customer service" and I now realise this to be correct. In the end I found a printer driver for my HP 3050 printer thanks to this link: 

HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS

The above appears to have originated from HP - yet no one at HP gave me this information. I got this information from the "Mac Forums" website - and was relieved that it did work. I can now print with my Mac on Big Sur using my HP 3050 printer.

I phoned the HP centre in Scotland and all I got was "Sorry but we do not have any information about this matter."  The lady in Scotland went on to say, "We've had a lot of complaints about this."

There is another outfit that acts as an intermediary for HP 'support' - I pleaded for information but the person just said "Oh, we're just acting on behalf of HP."  

It beggars belief that HP have a driver that works for Mac Big Sur - but that no one in HP customer 'support' could be bothered to tell me, or did not know.

Of course, I'm pleased that the HP 3050 is working - it has worked well over the years - and I do not need another printer now. But in future when I need a new printer, I will probably not go back to HP. I hope that the above driver will work for you - and that someone at HP will tell their people in Scotland about it. 

H-M-P

HP Recommended

Thank you HotMetalPrinter! Unfortunately, HP keeps modifying the download link to remove 3 sequenced numbers within the link. Take the link below and remove space between DL18 and 88.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL18  88

- Jordan

HP Recommended

good evening,

I'm cinzia. I have a Mac book with Big Sur os 11.0.2 and one PRINTER HP LASERJET 1005P,

I can't find the drivers for the installation on my Mac.

could you kindly help me please?????!!!!!

reply me asap, I need to print everyday for the office work 🙂

thank you in advance

regards

Cinzia

HP Recommended

This is still not working.  Big sur 11.2.3

HP Recommended

My Mac suddenly stopped communicating with my HP Officejet 8720. My other devices (iPhone, iPad, HP Laptop, etc) all communicate fine with the printer. My Mac on Big Sur 11.1 just suddenly stopped. Drivers are up to date. Any ideas? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

I received your email. Yes, I have already tried all of the steps listed here, as well as many steps listed in other places on this blog. Nothing is working. Pls advise.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.