cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
12helpme
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

printer no longer communicating with computer

HP Recommended
macOS 10.12 Sierra

An error message with my printer and computer, message stating unable to connect to device, I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the printer but each time get the message 'unable to communicate with device', it will  not even allow me to install HP Easy Start up as same issue. I am at a lose of what to do now

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,471 23,429 1,061 1,093
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@12helpme

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
12helpme
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer issue has now been resolved by doing something very simple. I was advised by a tech person to switch the router off while the printer and computer were on, then pull out the plug at the back of the printer and shut down the computer. Leave for at least 10 minutes then switch the router back on. Once the router is up and running plug the printer back in and switch on the computer, then go to your settings and install the printer. Believe it or not this simple solution worked

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,471 23,429 1,061 1,093
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@12helpme

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue.

Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation