Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.12 Sierra

An error message with my printer and computer, message stating unable to connect to device, I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the printer but each time get the message 'unable to communicate with device', it will  not even allow me to install HP Easy Start up as same issue. I am at a lose of what to do now

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@12helpme

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer issue has now been resolved by doing something very simple. I was advised by a tech person to switch the router off while the printer and computer were on, then pull out the plug at the back of the printer and shut down the computer. Leave for at least 10 minutes then switch the router back on. Once the router is up and running plug the printer back in and switch on the computer, then go to your settings and install the printer. Believe it or not this simple solution worked

HP Recommended

@12helpme

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue.

Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.