Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am giving away my HP printer.  How do I remove billing information from my account?  How do I remove the only printer associated with my login?  I want do this this week.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@carlislemom 

If you have an Instant Ink Subscription,

If that subscription is not cancelled,

then do that AND remove the Instant Ink cartridges from the printer.

These should be returned to HP for proper disposal - use the return envelope you have used for your depleted ink cartridges.

Replace the Instant Ink Cartridges with a set of purchased HP ink cartridges.

HP Instant Ink - Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Service

==================================================================

You can certainly cancel the subscription this week.

The final closing of the account will not likely be instantaneous due to the way the contract works.

NOTE:  Terms of Service Document includes phone contact information

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - USA

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I already cancelled the subscription but can NOT remove the printer or credit card info.  Do not feel safe recycling or giving the printer away until I can do this.

HP Recommended

@carlislemom 

OK -- I don't think you can remove the information.

Billing information is not saved after a subscription is fully terminated.

If you did not do so, contact Instant Ink Support - maybe you can "rush" the process to close the account.

?

That said, I will send your question to our moderators for review and possible escalation.

I will do that right after I close this message.

Request for Review – Please Read

I have submitted a request to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@carlislemom

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.