Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I just recently bought the HP M283 and installed HP Smart which is the only option for this product.  Then I wanted to push "scan to computer" on my scanner/printer but it shows no computer is found.  I can print and scan if I operate from my computer, and both my Mac and printer are in the same WIFI.  So I think the network connection between the two are fine.  I've also reset the printer /uninstalled the software and driver, but nothing changes.  All the other functions are fine, just there's no way to set up the "scan to computer". 

I've searched quite a lot suggestions  but all saying I need to go to the software (HP utility, which is no longer available or  not compatible to my printer) to manage this feature,  and I can't find the feature "Enable Scan to Computer’ on the HP Smart app.   

Long story short: I want to be able to scan to my computer again, without touching my Macbook.

Any ideas how to make this possible again? Many thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scan to Computer is not supported on HP laserjet products, neither on Windows nor on Mac (May provide limited capabilities on Windows 10 due to WSD Discovery, not supported by the HP Software in any way)

You may set up scanning to Email or to Shared folder for a Mac computer for a network-connected printer, which allows scanning from the printer front panel:

HP LaserJet Pro MFP - How to Scan to Email

HP LaserJet Pro MFP - Set up the Scan to Network Folder feature

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scan to Computer is not supported on HP laserjet products, neither on Windows nor on Mac (May provide limited capabilities on Windows 10 due to WSD Discovery, not supported by the HP Software in any way)

You may set up scanning to Email or to Shared folder for a Mac computer for a network-connected printer, which allows scanning from the printer front panel:

HP LaserJet Pro MFP - How to Scan to Email

HP LaserJet Pro MFP - Set up the Scan to Network Folder feature

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.