Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8600
Microsoft Windows 11

Scan to network folder on my HP 8600 all in one used to work until I upgraded my netgear router. Logging in either with my microsoft login or even tried local user admin privileges login.

I reinstalled the saved router configuration from the older netgear router so I do not know what could have changed. I opened port 9100 on the router which the printer uses for something.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did you recently update to Windows 11 as well? Security requirements for scan to folder are more stringent and you need to make sure that the permissions on the folder you are scanning to on the computer are set properly.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I bought this Lenovo tablet last year.  Maybe I entered the wrong windows code. 

HP Recommended

I am not sure where to dig deeper into the permissions settings. I am the owner. Advanced Sharing shows Full Control, Change, and Read are checked.

HP Recommended

When you enter the user name try this

Computername\username

Where computername= the name of your PC

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have tried many unc combinations including

computername\microsoftlogin or computername\locallogin

nothing has worked

The printer is connected only ethernet only, wifi is off. Interestingly, from the printer scan menu, scan to computer does work. That is, the printer menu screen shows other computer names as locations to scan to. Those scans go to the documents folder on each computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.