Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP[ ENVY5322

HP ENVY 5322

iM TRYING TO

OWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE TO INSTALL MY PRINTER - A BOX POPS UP ASKING ME TO PUT IN THE ADMIN USERNAME AND PASSWORD

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Lou691 

Hello,

The default user name is admin and the password is blank.

Try to restore factory default settings as follows:

1. From the Home screen, touch the Settings icon , and then touch Tools.
  2. On the Tools menu, touch the down arrow to scroll through the options, and then touch Restore Factory Defaults.
  3. Touch Yes or Continue. The printer will restart automatically.

Let me know if this is possible or if this option is locked?

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally, your printer is not password protected by default, unless an Administrator Password was configured.

Also, please keep in mind that full administrator permissions are required on your computer to install the HP Software, if you are not logged in as an administrator on your computer, you will need to access an administrator account to install the HP Software.

For Windows 10 as an example, click Start > Settings (The gear icon) and then select Accounts, ensure your user account is listed as an Administrator right below your user name, if it is listed as a Standard user, you will need to access an administrator account on your computer to install the HP Software.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.