Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Respectfully, I have HP Deskjet 2720 printer; I installed it by USB connection in my PC because I have only wired (ethernet) network, and when I am going to search for a new update using my HP Smart, it always tells me it can not connect with the server or unable to check for firmware update(its screenshots are attached with this message), please what must I do to enable this option and being informed over a new update, thanking you.

Yours sincerely

Shahram

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

HP Printer Update Problem 2.pngHP Printer Update Problem.png

HP Recommended

Hi Shahram,

As the printer is connected to your PC with a USB cable, auto updates cannot be used as the printer is not connected to any network to fetch such updates from the cloud.

You may download and install the latest firmware from your PC with a USB connection by folloqing below utility to install the latest printer firmware:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-2700-all-in-one-printer-series...

You may also switch to Wireless connection from the HP Smart app and connect the printer to your wireless network, then you may update the printer from its EWS page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03418489

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your respond, as I explained before I have only wired (ethernet) network, my PC in connected to my modem by a wired ethernet network and I can not connect my HP printer to a wireless network or convert it, thanking you again

HP Recommended

as listed on my notes, you may use the provided tool to update the printer from your PC, simply launch the utility and follow the steps on screen

to update the printer from your PC through the USB connection.

My other steps were optional, assuming you have a wireless network  at home (regardless of the computer itself which is connected with ethernet, the printer can be connected wirelessly if your network offers wireless capabilities as well).

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanking you. I updated my Printer using your link, and then the HP Smart ask me  to use the wireless option, I used it, but the HP smart always ask me to finish set up! its screenshot is attached here:

HP Smart Problem Finish setup.png

And when continue the process, it tells me to time to install ink, meanwhile, they are already installed!! its screenshot is attached here:
HP Smart Problem Finish setup 2.png
Sometime the above is not shown!! telling it is ready as usual, another problem I have faced from the time I chose the wireless option is when I go to the HP Smart-> siting-> advanced sitting, it always ask me to sign in, its screenshot is as following which is a boring act every time I must sign it in, please how I am able to fix this problem, thanking you.
HP Smart Sign in Problem.png

HP Recommended

it always ask me to sign in, as following: please how I am able to disable it?
HP Smart Pin Problem.png

HP Recommended

Open the cartridge access door and you will see a label there, with the PIN listed on its bottom-left side.

Select Wireless then, under Wireless (802.11) click Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your home network.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help, the problem was fixed.

HP Recommended

As you see in the process of switching to wireless connection after installing the latest printer firmware, it leads the user to this option of" Time to install ink!!!" meanwhile the printer has ink, after tens of time putting the ink inside and out of the ink printer , the process shows the option of the "Skin"!! meanwhile it must shows at the beginning of the process, and in the HP's website you can not find any option to solve the problem, thanking you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.