06-16-2019 01:54 PM
Hi- When I click on my HP Printer icon, I get these error messages instead of the startup screen that gives me access to tools, scanner, etc.:
"Automation server can't create object"
"C:\Program Files\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910\Bin\UDC_files/UDC_Main.json"
then other files in that subdirectory: "tasks.json, url.json, UDC_Install.json, UDC_Device.json"
Any ideas? Thanks!
06-18-2019 04:10 PM
@theprisoner Welcome to HP Forums Community!
I suggest you download and install the HP Print and scan doctor to identify and resolve any software issues: Click here
If that doesn't help, please use the below steps to reinstall the windows drivers from the root level:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, unplug the USB cable from the printer (if present).
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: Click here to download
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
06-19-2019 12:54 PM
Thanks, but nothing worked. I've deleted the printer before, reinstalled drivers and software; there's nothing in the spool files; have used HP print and scan doctor several times. It worked fine a few months ago and then all of a sudden it just won't get by the main screen.
06-19-2019 03:02 PM
@theprisoner If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.
Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.
See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee