I have a HP 2600 printer All in one series.
I changed the black catrige and scanned the best quality print document.
Now there is initially an E5 error message that goes away and then that error becomes blank after the cartridge shuttle shuttle goes back and forward 5 times.
I have turned the printer off for loger than 60 seconds but that does not resolve the problem.
I have removed and replaced the cartridges
I get a Device Busy on my laptop once I have scanned and try to save.
Can someone advise
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Is the copy working fine?
Can you print from the computer?
If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine and the issue should be fixed by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer is present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet & the Deskjet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
- Now restart your computer again.
- Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series... to download and install the software.
- In the connection type window, select wireless and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation.
Follow the below steps to assign Manual IP:
1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page.
3) Open web browser - Chrome or IE or any other browser that you are using.
4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button.
5) Go to the Network tab.
6) Click on Networking from the left pane.
7) Then click on Network Address (IP).
8) Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP.
9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server.
10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field.
11) Click on Apply.
Refer to the video link for step by step instructions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCnYyq80V9g
Note: The video is for win 8 but steps are similar for other operating systems as well. You need to enter the IP address in the browser's URL or the address bar to access the printer page.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Raj1788, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:
If all the lights are flashing, and nothing seems to work, you may want to try the below steps:
Turn off the printer, wait, and then turn it on again.
Turn off the printer.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Turn on the printer.
Check the lights on the control panel to make sure they are no longer blinking.
Attempt to scan or copy the item again.
If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
Alternatively, if nothing helps, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope:
I hope your day gets better, good luck.
I am an HP Employee