Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 935c
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My HP 4MP is down pending being able to find a quality toner cartridge that doesn't spill toner everywhere, so I connected up my very old Deskjet 935c via USB.  It connects and prints, using HP Deskjet generic driver,  but there is little control - cannot tell it to print black only, for example.  Was able to find, and apparently download Driver 5.1 from HP for my Mac High Sierra 10.13.6.  Takes many minutes to download (about 900+MB) but once downloaded,  it does not appear when I try to select it in the add printer setup.   Tried many times.  Can't find it with Spotlight, and doesn't appear in Library, where many other HP printers show, with .icc suffixes.  

Connecting the printer to a Windows 7 PC and it works fine, full control of color, paper size etc.  Just not on the Mac!  

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am sorry to inform you, the HP Deskjet 935c printer is not supported on macOS for years, there are no drivers provided and therefore you cannot find your printer model.

You may try selecting an alternate model from the list, such as the HP Deskjet 6940 printer (which uses the same PCL 3 printing language), and see if it work better with your printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL -

Thanks again.  No luck with the 6940 - I will either have to get the 4MP+Laserjet going, or find a more current printer!

Best

Les

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.