01-17-2020 05:44 PM
My Printer name is HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 All-in-One Printer. Hp Smart says the Printer is ready, but somehow the status of it is not available and i am unable to print anything, because i keeps on saying there is an error. I think the cause could be how the wireless direct button on the control panel of the printer is unable to come "on" somehow after i reconnected the printer to a new wireless source (the WIFI button is solid blue though). Is this supposed to happen or is it necessary to be "on" for me to print anything and how can i get it back "on" for the printer to work normal again?
01-20-2020 03:23 PM
@Dara-Lovely1884 Greetings from the HP Community!
Does the copier work fine as a stand-alone device?
please try the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: CLICK HERE
If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the Windows built-in drivers:
If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.
Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.
See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee