09-13-2019 04:33 AM
After three attempts at installing the full package software [device kept reverting to basic] I had the printer working perfectly. Last thing yesterday I printed in colour and all was great. This morning, default has reverted to Monochrome and even when changing this to Colour, the printing is still monochrome.
09-16-2019 09:19 AM
@CancerChris, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.
For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-27-2019 09:13 AM
Sorry for delay but I am suffering from stage 4 cancer and have been in the hospital with some good results - cancer reduced in size!. Present situation with my ENVY 4520 is that
1) will print from Lenovo 530s WIN 64 laptop - but no colour
2) will print in colour and B&W from wife's iPad
3) will print in colour and B&W from my Samsung S8 Galaxy Smartphone
4) will photocopy and scan in colour
All and any assistance very much appreciated.
09-29-2019 06:27 AM
Wishing you a good health and speedy recovery.
This issue with the printer seems to be related to the drivers.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Have you tried installing the printer using the Windows Built-in Print Driver?
Refer to this document to know how.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee