I am pretty much an IT retard .....very frustrated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

I have a LaserJet 200 color M251. EVERY app associated with the printer (print, discover from web page, etc.) can find my printer EXCEPT HP Smart. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but no dice. I printed the test page just fine from my computer. I'm on a Surface.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
58 53 5 44
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

Hi. Is your surface running Win RT? Can you try running "Get HP Full-Featured Software" from the Resources section of the app (see attached)?

I work for HP.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

You say that there is a Windows Store error in trying to download HP Smart App? Another reason why HP should offer this application on their website. Until you do, I refuse to install HP Smart App and will never purchase an HP printer again. I refuse to allow Microsoft to install whatever they want on my computer and that is what will happen if I try to download HP Smart App from the Microsoft store because I will be required to enable Windows Update. Not allowing the HP Smart App download is not supporting your own product and you have lost me as a future customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

HORRENDOUS.. why has HP done ... using HP 7645 printer all in one...  why not leave well enough alone.. " if it ain't broke..don't fix it"  what horrible new software.. go back to the old e-z to use software from 5 years ago..this is  total garbage...

always have used HP printers for the past 20+ years..  why make this complicated trying to save a simple scan... d/l HP Smart 3x.. and still it gets lost in the shuffle...   wow... wow .. wow.. junk...

what have they done... NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think this means it is time to 'move on' away from HP.. everyone I know has.. I was the last die-hard in my group to hang in there...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

Anyone know whether HP smart can print remotely (from another network)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

I installed HPSmart on my system but it has Japanese words. I need English please. I tried re-installing and it didn't offer an option to change the language. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
744 729 55 234
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart for Windows

If HP Smart is running in the wrong language. Please try the link below to change your default language
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

JonW

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation