05-31-2019 10:24 PM - edited 05-31-2019 10:26 PM
I have 2 Series 419 Inktank Printers. The first one installed and has been working perfectly. When I installed the 2nd Inktank, it also installed properly. Can connect to it from one of my MacBooks. But from the MacBook Air, it shows the error:
Encryption Credentials Have Expired
I have tried to delete the printer from the list and add it again - no difference. I connected to the Printer's WebPage - and could print from there as well. It is only from the MacBookAir that I get this error.
06-03-2019 08:36 AM - edited 06-03-2019 08:36 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
- Which version of OS is installed on your MacBook Air?
Resetting the printer network settings, reconnecting the printer back to the network and adding compatible driver may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:
- Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.
- On the printer control panel, touch "Setup", Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings".
- Power off your printer.
- Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.
- Power on your printer.
- Run Wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect it back to your network.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Once the printer is connected, use the steps below to remove the existing printer driver and add a compatible driver:
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.
- If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list.
- Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.
- Click the Use or Print Using menu, select AirPrint in the pop-up menu. Then click Add.
- Try to print.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-20-2019 02:51 PM
The printer has generated an expired server certificate. To resolve this issue please follow the directions outlined in the document "'Encryption Credentials Expired' Error Displays".
URL to document
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers.