Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have reinstalled at least twenty times. I found out it is a conflict between my  3 in printer  and my scanner . I have a scanjet G4050 and a  Deskjet  3512. I have tried many things but I cannot get the  scan.msi back  the 3in1 scans beautifully . I used the third party  free sample vue6495 and it worked beautifully which showed me that it is  HPs faulty conflict and nothing to do with my hardware .

@amyj716 wrote:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=79477&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&s...

You can download software and drivers from the website.  Maybe do a re-install.

HTH!

Amy

HP Recommended

I have loaded and reloaded the orginal cd and the software on line and it still will not work. I am missing the msi. file and downloading cd or on line will not put it back.

HP Recommended

Computer crashed.  After recovery trying to reload software for scanner.  Message was fatal error, missing scan.msi

HP Recommended

I tried to update my HP Scanjet G4050 software today as the last time was in 2013.  I downloaded the current software and during installation it said I needed to uninstall the old software - which I did.  Now when I try to continue with the installation of the update, I get "missing scan.msi file".  I've tried reinstalling from the CD that came with the scanner and have also tried to redownload and install the update from HP and I keep getting the "missing scan.msi file" error.  I've tried the suggestions in this forum but to no avail.   Has anyone really figured this out?

HP Recommended

My scanjet g4050 has been working fine on a Windows 7 Acer laptop.  The scanner software has never been updated since it was new in 2013 so I attempted to update it.  During installation I get a missing scan.msi file error.  I have tried installing from both the CD and downloads many times, however, I still get the error.  I have tried many suggestions from the forums but still get the same error.  It seems that this error has been a problem for many years.  Has anyone found a solution that works?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.