Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 281fdw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Does the HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 281fdw come with OCR software?  I am using a Macbook with MacOS 10.13.6   and the software downloads for the printer doesn't list any drivers or any software available for that OS.

The support page for Readiris states (http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/608037-0-0-39-121.html#4😞

So I don't know if Readiris works with the MFP 281fdw.  If not, what software would support that printer? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

First install the printer essential software and HP Easy Scan by following HP Easy Start utility:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-print...

The HP Easy Scan app offers basic OCR capabiltieis within the software.

Once these are installed you may also download and install Readiris Pro 15 for HP from the 32 party application section of the same page, with the full software installed first Readiris Pro will be licensed for a single computer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

First install the printer essential software and HP Easy Scan by following HP Easy Start utility:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-print...

The HP Easy Scan app offers basic OCR capabiltieis within the software.

Once these are installed you may also download and install Readiris Pro 15 for HP from the 32 party application section of the same page, with the full software installed first Readiris Pro will be licensed for a single computer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you, that answers my questions.

Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Having followed that link I cant see HP Easy Scan or Easy start...

I am sure its due to me being computer illiterate! But I wondered if you might be able to offer any further assistance?

HP Recommended

@Pete123123

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking  here To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.