01-21-2020 05:38 AM
I have followed this forum for answers and have tried all that have been suggested to others. I have removed the printer and all software countless times I reinstalled full software basic drivers, I have installed windows drivers only, I have tried HP smart software from ms store with no luck nothing seems to work. The only difference being if i install HP software the option for changing from B/w - Grey scale - Colour is missing I checked the Advance section there is nothing there either, but if i remove the software and the install the printer with windows basic driver the option to print in B/w - Grey scale - Colour is present but defaults to B/w so I select Colour apply and print, you guessed it black and white.
Now there seems to be a lot of people with this problem so it not just me and its also telling me that unless you have a different answer than the ones I have tried above its time for a new printer also this problem for me and others is not new so it probably a different manufacturer need?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-21-2020 05:55 AM - edited 01-21-2020 05:59 AM
In order to solve this problem, configure a new port as follows:
- Install the printer with the HP ENVY 5540 series Full Feature Softwares and Drivers .
- On the keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
- Type control printers, then press Enter. The Devices and Printers window opens.
- Right-click on your printer icon, then click on Printer properties, click on the Ports tab, and click on Add Port....
- Select Standard TCP/IP Port and click New Port....
- Click Next, then enter the printer's IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.97) in the Printer Name or IP Address field and click Next.
- Once the port is added, click Finish and close all windows.
- Try to print.
I remain at your disposal in case of need.
01-21-2020 06:36 AM - edited 01-21-2020 06:37 AM
Thanks for your return,
I welcome you to the English HP community support.
Do not hesitate to contact us if needed
01-21-2020 11:51 AM
This topic is already solved, so I invite you to open a new topic here, detailing your problem, in order to get the best help possible.
Thank you for your understanding.