Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8210
Other

I've bought a new printer hp OfficeJet Pro 8210. I'm software developer and would like to use this printer for an embedded device (it is a measurement device for laboratories). The operating system on the device is Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3. At the moment I use a PCL-compatible driver that works fine with an older printer hp Deskjet 5940. 

Now, with the new printer the text and grafics seems to be ok, but some additional horizontal lines are printed. The horizontal lines start from a character with descender, e.g. "p" or "g" or "j". The line is printed like an underline (I could upload an example page, if you want). 

Do you provide a current PCL-5 or PCL-6 driver for Windows Embedded CE 6.0? 

Do you know from where could the horizontal lines come? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23, 

now I've tested another printer HP LaserJet Pro M203dn. This is a PCL-5c and PCL-6 level printer as well. 

My driver is working well with this driver. 

I've tested also an older printer Hp Deskjet 5940. This printer is also working well. 

So, I suppose, that my PCL-driver is ok. 

I think, the error is in the PCL-protocol of the printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8210. 

I will start a new subject. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ClausSporer,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you wanted the PCL drivers for Windows Embedded CE 6.0. to print from your HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Printer.

You may install the PCL drivers from the link: HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 (64-bit)

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23, , 

Thank you for your quick reply. 

But unfortunately I think it is not the right driver for me. 

My operating system is Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3. This is a 32-Bit operating system. Also, it is not in the list of suitable operating systems. 

For Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3, the PCL-driver should be just one file, called "pcl.dll".

Thank you in advance!  

HP Recommended

Hi Rainbow23, 

now I've tested another printer HP LaserJet Pro M203dn. This is a PCL-5c and PCL-6 level printer as well. 

My driver is working well with this driver. 

I've tested also an older printer Hp Deskjet 5940. This printer is also working well. 

So, I suppose, that my PCL-driver is ok. 

I think, the error is in the PCL-protocol of the printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8210. 

I will start a new subject. 

HP Recommended

@ClausSporer

I am happy to know that the PCL drivers are working fine with another HP Printer.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.