Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Printer Installation

HP Recommended
Laserjet 130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Actually I don't have any issue with my printer. Only I have a question about what is the difference between a basic installation and full feature software and drivers. I am a HP representative and I would just like to have an exact information of advantages or disadvantages between these two options for explain well to my clients. I have searched for information on the subject, but I have not been successful.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,179 4,168 486 621
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The basic drivers install only the software needed for printing.

The full package installs additional software for scanning, faxing ( if the device has fax) printer administration tool ( to check consumables level, to better manage the printer, to monitor printers status). 

My profile on LinkedIn

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply, but I have looked for an answer to my question because with de basic drivers I can scan a document. I was able to scan without problem.

Scan.jpg

However, what I can remark very well,  I don't see the messages to check the toner levels in my computer.
Regards,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,179 4,168 486 621
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can do a basic scan and basic print, that's why its basic driver, all advanced scan and print functions and scan and print tools are installed with the full software package.

My profile on LinkedIn

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation