06-17-2019 12:55 PM
The Printer does not connect to my iMacOS wirelessly ,but does print when cable is connected.
06-19-2019 04:17 PM - edited 06-19-2019 04:18 PM
@Josser1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
- Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
- The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.
Perform a ping test
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
- Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
- Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
Note: There should be 0% packet loss
If there is any packet loss, share the screenshot with us.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee