10-20-2019 05:59 AM
I have an HP printer HP Envy 4527 which has worked fine until recently. I do very little printing but now every time I try to print I get every single error message possible in succession, starting with the ink is incompatible, to the drawer is open, to I didn't switch off properly etc. I cannot find how to uninstall it on my Mac, and answers I've seen relate to Microsoft. Can anyone help, please? I've unplugged it, (and plugged it back in :>))hugged it, shouted at it, but I suspect a more prosaic technical solution is required. I attempted to uninstall but failed. I'd be so grateful for help.
10-22-2019 01:40 PM
@JCW6, Welcome to HP Support Community!
As per the issue description you provided, it could be an issue with the printer hardware or the drivers installed. Before uninstalling the printer drivers, let us try and isolate the issue.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to know the following-
Where do you see the error messages, on the computer or the printer?
Are you able to make photocopies on the printer?
Did you make any changes to the printer or the computer recently?
Meanwhile, reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.
For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee