06-18-2019 10:48 AM
After creating and printing a business card with a photo attached, all future text portions of any item scanned, copied or downloaded is smeared in black ink.
06-20-2019 06:24 PM
Welcome to the HP Community
Did you try using a different ink cartridge?
I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If there are smears of ink on the back of your printouts, you can use an automated tool to resolve the issue.
Turn on the printer.
Load paper into the input tray.
On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.
Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Page Smears.
A test page prints.
Examine the test page.
If the issue persists, refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-series/7172321/document/c0... for Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee