12-14-2018 05:43 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Could you please help me with the Exact operating system of your iMac?
How is the printer connected? (Wired/wireless)
Do you have any antivirus software installed on your Mac?
Do you have a guest network enabled on your WiFi router?
Approximately how far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
Could you check for WiFi interference and also perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display.
update the printer firmware and Mac software:
Assign Manual IP to the printer
1) Print a Network configuration page from the printer's control panel.
2) Look for IP address from the Network configuration page.
3) Open a web browser.
4) Type the IP address mentioned on Network configuration page into the browser's address bar or URL bar and press enter button.
5) Go to the Network tab.
6) Click on Networking from the left pane.
7) Then click on Network Address (IP).
😎 Click on Manual IP Address and go to suggest a Manual IP.
9) Scroll down the screen and select Manual DNS server.
10) Enter the Primary and secondary DNS server from the Network Configuration page into the Manual Preferred DNS server field.
11) Click on Apply.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee