Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Advantage 4675
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good day,

And thank you in advance for your insights/suggestions. 

I just installed a brand new HP Deskjet Advantage 4675.

I have my system and programs on a C:\SSD and my data and temp folders and cache (including virtual memory cache) on a D:\ HDD (to save some SSD space and lifetime). HP Scan fails any scan with an 'There is not enough available memory (RAM) on the computer to complete the scan. Please lower the resolution setting of the scan and try again.' message even for a single page at low DPI.

I have checked every classic recommandation for that error message (freeing disk space, RAM, checking the virtual memory): I have more than enough disk space on any drive (many Go in each case), less than 50% of my 8Go of RAM are in use, and virtual memory is rather large and its size set to be automatically allocated by the system (curently 8413Mb).

If I had to guess I would say that the driver is not able to handle my particular configuration where I have set through Windows that my virtual memory cache be on a non system drive. Every other software that I have installed have had no problem with that. In an attempt at soving the issue, I unstalled the HP software from C:\ to reinstall it on D:\ but the software doesn't let the user choose the installationb path (really, HP??!).

I welcome any new idea / suggestion (other than creating a virtual memory cache on C:\ just for one HP program. I'd rather send back that printer and buy another brand).

Cheers,

Betta

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Bettafo,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are getting an error when trying to scan.

I’d love to help!

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

When was the last time the printer was working fine?

Are you able to make a copy?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting on this forum?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check.

http://hp.care/2yTmNGG

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day The_Fossette,

(that's a dimple in French btw, did you know?  🙂  )

Thank you for trying to help.

When was the last time the printer was working fine?

Never (the scanning part, I mean. Printing and copying work fine). I just installed it, tried to scan a page and never succeded.

Are you able to make a copy?

Yes, copying and printing work fine.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting on this forum?

Yes, please refer to my initial post: I checked all recommendations related to freeing up RAM, disk space, and checking the existence of a large enough virtual memory.

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check.

As said in my initial post I had done that already and: I have more than 50% RAM free; I have lots of available disk space; My system meets and exceeds minimum requirements; Windows is set to dynamicall handle the size of the virtual memory on my D:\ drive and has currently allocated 8149Mb which is way more than recommended.

By the way, my printer is on USB.

Looking forward to receiving your reply,

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bettafo,

Please follow below steps and check.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2yU8oKI

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day The_Fossette,

I followed the steps that you indicated.

Unfortunately the situation has worsened: scanning still fails with the exact same error message than before.

But printing does not work anymore: though the printer is detected as installed by Windows and  set up as the default printer, when using the notepad (for example) the usual Windows message saying that the document is being sent to the printer appears but nothing is printed and there is no document to be found in the printing queue.

Copying (direcly form the printer touchscreen menu) still works.

Cheers

[edited typos]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.