Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X0H92UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed the support assistant. It tells me there are 11 updates both for my printer and my notebook. I try and try to download them, it goes all the way through and then tells me it failed... OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I dont know what to do, or how to get the updates...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Special_kgt 

If you like, start with a fresh copy of the HPSA.

If you are having problems with HPSA, consider using the "complete cleanup" steps shown in the procedure below.

Procedure Details - HP Support Assistant – Remove and Install

Read sections, then decide how to proceed.

Remove the existing version of HPSA

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features 

Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant

After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in

NOTES

For "complete cleanup” of the old version of the HP Support Assistant:

• When / If asked whether you want to save any of the presets / personal HPSA information, respond to have your personal data associated with the program removed along with the HPSA software.

• HP Solutions Framework is a subset of HPSA.

1. FIRST uninstall the HP Support Assistant
  2. Restart the computer
  3. Uninstall HP Solutions Framework software from Programs and Features
  4. Restart the computer and log in.

NOTE: Framework (re)installs with the HPSA

• After the software is uninstalled (and the computer is Restarted), check to ensure the software is actually “gone”.

Settings > Apps > Apps & features >

Scroll down the list, look for HP Support Assistant (and / or HP Support Solutions Framework)

If the stubborn software is found in the list, click and uninstall it, Restart and log in.

Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant

Website / Download

HP Support Assistant

• If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator
  • After the software is installed:  Restart the computer and log in

Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen

Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"

Click open category HP Help and Support

Right-Click on HP Support Assistant PIN to Start

Help for HPSA

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎

BIOS Updates

Reminder

Do not use the HPSA to install BIOS updates.

If you see a BIOS Update in the list, mark it as "ignored".

BIOS Updates should be done manually, only after you have backed up your most critical files to somewhere you can access the data should the computer become unavailable, AND only when you have reason to believe the update is necessary / "something you need".

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Manual Updates for HP Drivers and Software

If the HPSA does not work for you,

OR

If you decide to do so for any reason,

You can opt to download and install HP Updates manually.

If the HPSA Settings are marked to notify you and not complete the actual download / installation,

you can use the list to check your Updates at your computer's Software and Drivers Website Support.

Software, Drivers & Firmware for your computer

From your computer's How-to Category:

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers

Read Section

Find driver updates on the HP website

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP Notebook - 15-ba083nr (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.