03-02-2019 04:14 PM
I have installed the support assistant. It tells me there are 11 updates both for my printer and my notebook. I try and try to download them, it goes all the way through and then tells me it failed... OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
I dont know what to do, or how to get the updates...
03-02-2019 04:44 PM
If you like, start with a fresh copy of the HPSA.
If you are having problems with HPSA, consider using the "complete cleanup" steps shown in the procedure below.
Procedure Details - HP Support Assistant – Remove and Install
Read sections, then decide how to proceed.
Remove the existing version of HPSA
Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features
Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant
After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in
For "complete cleanup” of the old version of the HP Support Assistant:
- When / If asked whether you want to save any of the presets / personal HPSA information, respond to have your personal data associated with the program removed along with the HPSA software.
- HP Solutions Framework is a subset of HPSA.
- FIRST uninstall the HP Support Assistant
- Restart the computer
- Uninstall HP Solutions Framework software from Programs and Features
- Restart the computer and log in.
NOTE: Framework (re)installs with the HPSA
- After the software is uninstalled (and the computer is Restarted), check to ensure the software is actually “gone”.
Settings > Apps > Apps & features >
Scroll down the list, look for HP Support Assistant (and / or HP Support Solutions Framework)
If the stubborn software is found in the list, click and uninstall it, Restart and log in.
Download, Save, Install the latest supported HP version of the HP Support Assistant
Website / Download
- If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator
- After the software is installed: Restart the computer and log in
Optional - After the software is installed, PIN the program to your Windows Start Screen
Windows key (Start) > list "All apps" > open category "H"
Click open category HP Help and Support
Right-Click on HP Support Assistant > PIN to Start
Help for HPSA
Do not use the HPSA to install BIOS updates.
If you see a BIOS Update in the list, mark it as "ignored".
BIOS Updates should be done manually, only after you have backed up your most critical files to somewhere you can access the data should the computer become unavailable, AND only when you have reason to believe the update is necessary / "something you need".
Manual Updates for HP Drivers and Software
If the HPSA does not work for you,
If you decide to do so for any reason,
You can opt to download and install HP Updates manually.
If the HPSA Settings are marked to notify you and not complete the actual download / installation,
you can use the list to check your Updates at your computer's Software and Drivers Website Support.
From your computer's How-to Category:
Find driver updates on the HP website
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device
Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.