Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Designjet 4500ps
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Given that I've always bought postscript printers to avoid driver problems: just select the PostScript Printer Description (PPD).
With the new operating system I am denied installation !!!
The PPD file is not 32 or 64 bit!
I don't understand why: if I force installation, they warn me that the printer is not supported, then the files are not sent to the printer!
Scheduled obsolescence?
I tried to install the
drive of the later version, designjet 4520ps, practically the printer is identical but no goes !!!
Have they inserted a system that blocks the use or am I wrong?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Resolved
a) just install the postscriptor driver of the designjet 4520ps plotter: it's practically the same printer;
b) I verified,
through https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/205052024-Enabling-CUPS-Printer-Interface-for-Mac,
that pieces were missing because:
Idle - "File" / Library / Printers / hp / filter / hp Post Processing.bundle / Contents / MacOS / hpPostProcessing "not available: No such file or directory"
so I retrieved them (filter)Schermata 2019-12-15 alle 12.34.43.png from Mojeve and placed them where they were in Catalina !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.