Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 90xx
macOS 10.15 Catalina

although the printers (aio’s) have long been released for macos catalina by hp!

there is a problem in all of the forum entries, but that is simply not true.

the hp officejet pro (aio’s) are printers for small companies, the self-employed and departments of a large company.

today, where the digital office prevails, scanning & saving in searchable pdf’s is essential and necessary every day.

together with my business colleagues, i represent over 2,000 customers with hp officejet pro devices that can no longer search for searchable pdf’s.

so hp, don't always put black peter on apple and finally accelerate.

since the first day of macos catalina, competitors like vuescan have been able to do everything they haven't been able to do for many weeks - embarrassing!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@stratege, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. I would recommend you to go through a similar post that speaks about the scanning issues after Mac OS update. Also, refer to the document https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06455960  for more details.

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hp smart as well as image capture from apple cannot scan searchable pdf’s - only hp easy scan or the competitor vuescan can do this!

HP Recommended

@stratege

I understand your concern and our team is working towards fixing this issue. You'll be updated soon.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

now i have been waiting 3 months for a functioning hp easy scan app — just unprofessional hp!!!

HP Recommended

This is not a solution but rather a workaround, but may you tried HP Smart Tasks? it does offer OCR capabilities too:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06211157

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

i mean nice with the smart tasks - but i don't want to email all the documents. not even storage on the mac directly or in the icloud is supported!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.