06-02-2020 08:54 PM
I was having some scanning issues and uninstalled the software to reinstall with fresh drivers . The install goes to the registration page and then stalls. The dropdown for how you use the printer is not active in any way . if I close the screen it says to copy the link so I can finish the install later. I still can't scan and now can't print . How can I resolve this ?
06-06-2020 12:47 PM
@BMacleod1110 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to scan and print.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
Please perform the
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2. Select your HP Printer
3. Select Uninstall
4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10. Select Ok
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12. Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download theHP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
06-06-2020 11:39 PM
I followed your instructions and still go stuck at the registration screen . I got through that by clicking the "X" to close and copied the link to the clipboard . I used google chrome to open that link and was able complete the registration again.
I am still stuck with the original issue that caused me to uninstall the first time , unable to scan .
I get an " Unable to communicate with the scanner: error message. I have tried both USB and wireless installs . neither will work. Can you help resolve the scan issue ?