Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whyte23
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

on macbook when i try to install 5255 printer it ask for password on smart install 12345678 used but

installing macbook wireless to printer 5255 i get a message asking for password  this is on smart start hp i used 12345678 does not work any suggestions my ipad installed ok

2 REPLIES 2
whyte23
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

on macbook when i try to install 5255 printer it ask for password on smart install 12345678 used but

this is wireless and installed ok on my ipad

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,752 4,737 361 380
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@whyte23, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If the printer and your Mac Computer are on the same network, try adding the printer using AirPrint drivers. Here is how you do it-

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

You can download and install the HP Utility for Mac from here which will give access to all the features of the printer.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation