08-18-2017 07:09 PM
I can't print photos in color. When I try to open my Preferences in the print screen I get the following msg:
"Function address 0x5e8295fc caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xe06d7363) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly."
08-26-2017 09:53 AM
Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂
To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.
Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.
If the copy comes out fine, then try a clean install as suggested below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, go to http://hp.care/2nikIQ9 and enter the printer model number to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart the Pc once done.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
02-10-2018 12:23 PM - edited 02-10-2018 01:27 PM
I also have this problem. I just installed my HP 4650 on two HP computers, one running Windows 8.1, the other Windows 10. After two days and 10 hours I finally got the printer to work, now I have this exception code error on BOTH computers. I am very annoyed that now I have to go through a lengthy process to fix it. HP, please fix your software. I am on the verge of returning this printer and switching brands. See my Best Buy Review for more details about SOME of the difficulties I have encountered with this.
Now, supposing I go to all the trouble to uninstall my printer on both HP computers (windows 8.1 and windows 10), and spend another 10 hours troubleshooting the installation again, what is to keep this same error from occuring again? Can HP please fix their software so the customer doesn't have to waste hours of their time because of its defects?