05-21-2019 10:37 AM
My printer shows all of a sudden the error 00829C98 with blinking lights. We tried already disconnecting, restarting, nothing helps
05-22-2019 08:41 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
This seems to be a hardware issue with the printer. Let us try these steps that may resolve this issue:
Step 1: Reset the printer
1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Step 2: Update the printer firmware if possible
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee