Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5000
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

My envy has issues printing.  I have multiple devices, I cannot print via an iPad.  Phone works intermittently, so does my MacBook.  I have ran through all sorts of troubleshooting with zero success.  This latest round on my Mac I deleted the printer and it can't verify my printer on the network.  

It's frustrating as my old envy did the same thing, as soon as warranty is over we have issues, which we never had before.  I pay for instant ink and we aren't using it as much as we want, due to the printing issues.

Before I deleted the printer from my Mac it was showing as Idle, but couldn't connect to print anything.  Anyone have any other suggestions?  Apart from launching it out the window which I want to do!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You describe a connectivity problem, a such will affect any printer.

May you had any network changes prior of having such issues?

From the printer front panel click the Wireless icon and then the Gear / Settings button.

Click on Print Reports and select Wireless Test Report.

What is shown by the header of the printed report? may it include any warning or attention?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.