Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

There was a power surge due to severe thunderstorms in my area, now all the lights on my HP Deskjet 4100e series except for the wireless 🛜 light are blinking, I have turned off, disconnected the printer from power source and they all are still blinking and not back to connected to the internet!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mom-Dupes,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When your HP Deskjet 4100e series printer exhibits all lights blinking except for the wireless light, it generally indicates a hardware issue or an error state that the printer can't automatically recover from. You've already performed the basic troubleshooting step of power cycling the device, which is a great start. Here are a few more steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Reset the Printer:

• Although you've already powered it off, let's try a more complete reset. Disconnect the printer from the power source, and wait about a minute. Then, press and hold the power button on the printer for about 30 seconds to ensure any residual power is discharged. After that, reconnect the printer to the power source and turn it on.

Check for Error Messages:

• Look at the printer display or the HP Smart app on your computer or smartphone. Sometimes, specific error messages are shown that can guide further action.

Inspect the Printer:

• Open the printer and check for any obvious issues like paper jams, ink or toner cartridge issues, or any debris that might be causing a problem. Ensure that all doors are securely closed.

Reinstall Cartridges:

• Remove the ink cartridges and inspect them for any damage or leaks. Reinstall them, ensuring they are correctly seated in their slots.

Connectivity Check:

• Since the wireless light is off, it indicates that there might be a connectivity issue. Try reconnecting to your wireless network. If needed, reset your wireless settings and set them up anew.

Update Firmware:

• If possible, check if there’s an update available for your printer’s firmware. This can be done through the HP Smart app or the printer’s built-in web interface.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.