Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have changed my home Wi-Fi password. unfortunately, for me changing my HP ENVY so i can work in my home office is going to b harder than  ithought. I have tried for several; days to do it independtly.  But, I always end up frustrated. So, I'm going to try this one last time with your help of course!..  So I have unplugged the ENVY from the main source for a minute, and plugged it back in. I have also reset the Wi-Fi button {located in the back} for 30 seconds, and I plugged it back in. Now I have a blinking purple light on the ENVY. I know this part.....what is next where can I type in the new password. Actually How do I get there? This time I'm taking notes, screenshots, copies of whatever.Thank you all. Im a woman of a particular age that always gets hung on the silliest things

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is your computer connected to your network wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable?

Be sure to restore the network settings again by pressing the back wifi button for 30 seconds, this will restore wireless setup mode for 2 hours, therefore please repeat this step.

On your wireless network list ensure you are connected to your home Wi-Fi and that you see a nearby network starting with an HP-Setup SSID in your wireless networks list, then open HP Smart and click the plus sign, click on Get Started and follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to your network.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.