Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4520
Microsoft Windows 11

Good morning,

I'd like your help, since I can't figure out how to connect my printer (ENVY 4520) to my new computer.

- First, I can't connect the printer to my WiFi network : it tells me that the printer is not compatible with the security protocols of my router. Since I can not change it, it seems that this is not an option for me.

- I tried with the WiFi direct : every time it fails : either by telling me that it took to long, or that there was a problem and could not connect.

- I tried HP Smart, HP Easy Start, the FullWebpack, absolutely all softwares available on the HP website. It fails every single time, not even seeing the printer. It seems that the idea of HP of an help to install a printer is to help you with a printer that's already installed...

-Finally, I tried the hp print and scan doctor tool, but the stupid thing won't even start on my computer.

I'm out of ideas, and I serioulsy consider resolving the matter with a hammer and a trip to buy a new printer which will definitely NOT be an HP poS...

(Oh, and before someone offers that solution, I can surely use a USB connection, but I definitely do not like to have a 4 meters cable going from one side of my living room to the other only waiting for me to trip over it...)

Thanks for your ideas.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.