Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 2700
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi. Hoping someone might be able to help. I bought the printer a few months ago and specially chose this one because of the instant ink subscription. However, i can't seem to get web services set up which in turn has meant i can't activate instant ink.

I keep going round in circles on the web services section of it saying either "unknown connection error" or "web services set up in progress" then back to the error again.

The printer is near the router, connected with excellent signal strength. It is connected to the 2.4G band (i have 5G also). I can print to it no problem, just no instant ink and web services.

I spent about 2 weeks talking to an HP customer services rep on their WhatsApp support and got absolutely no where. I have done endless router and printer restarts. I am now running low on ink (ironically) from doing all of these printer network configuration pages and printer information pages so concerned that if i don't get this sorted soon i won't be able to do that too.

I have tried setting a manual IP address but it didn't make a difference. I have no proxy set and i have a medium sensitivity set on the firewall on my router.

Router is a ZTE one. I can successfully see the printer on there assigned with its own IP address.

Any help much appreciated. Am tearing my hair out trying to fix this and i'm usually pretty good with this kind of stuff! 

Thanks, Isabella

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @izzyzb,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
  2. Turn off the printer.
  3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
  4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
  5. Turn on the printer.
  6. Turn on the computer.
  7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Let's disable webservices and re-enable it

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it

If the issue persists,

Check the Internet proxy server settings

For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.

1. Locate the Internet proxy settings.
    • Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
      The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
      From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
  2. Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
  3. Try to turn on Web Services.

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps, keep me posted!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.