Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Laserjet m15w
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi there,

I've just installed a new modem and I can't connect my LaserJet M15w to the new Wifi. 

Since it has no touchscreen, I've tried following instructions from previous posts, but nothing seems to work. 

This is what I've tried so far: 

1) reset the printer to factory settings then pressed the WPS button on my modem

2)  used the HP app on my phone to find my printer by entering its direct IP address

3)  used my laptop to look for my printer by enter the direct IP address in my web browser

I would sincerely appreciate any other suggestions!

Thank you,

Jodi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JodiN2021,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "How to connect the printer to network".

Try the steps below to connect the printer to a network-

Connecting the printer to a wireless network with WPS

Complete the network connection by putting the printer and the router in WPS setup mode. Once connected, install the HP software to wirelessly connect the printer to your computer or mobile device.

NOTE: 

Your network must use Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA or WPA2) security, and your router must support WPS. Google, eero, Luma, and Plume are some router brands that might not support WPS.

1. Make sure your router has a WPS button or a button with the WPS icon 

2. Place the printer within the range of the Wi-Fi router signal.

3. Put the printer in WPS connection mode.

• Printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds until the wireless light flashes. 

4. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router for three to five seconds, or until the connection process begins.

5. Return to the printer and check the status of the wireless light or bar.

• If the light or blue bar stops flashing, the printer successfully connected to the network. Continue to the next step.

• If the light is still flashing or turned off, continue to the frequently asked questions in this document. connection failed. Move the printer closer to the router, 

6. Make sure your computer or mobile device is on the same local wireless network you connected the printer to.

Supporting document Connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi! 

Thank you for responding to my query.  Unfortunately, the approach you described did not work.  I had tired this method before I posted this query, and I tried it again after receiving your message.  

The blue light on the m15w printer keeps blinking.  The printer is just 3-4 feet from my modem.  

It seems to me that the printer is still looking for my old wifi.   I read the document posted at the link you provided, but I'm confused as to what to do next. 

Would you please advise? 

Thank you,

Jodi

HP Recommended

@JodiN2021, Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try changing the network name or SSID on the router that might fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.