Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
envy 4500
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am unable to connect my ENVY 4500 to my wireless network. I use the wireless wizard and it detects my network. I input the password but it fails to connect.

I have rebooted my Mac and printer and Router.

Unable to check on drivers as printer not connected to internet.

Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have tried many things to correct my issue and finally got a temporary fix.

For some reason, the wireless wizard will not connect to my Mesh system, even though it was previously connected to it.

So I have had to turn back on my wifi on my providers router and connected it to this. And it worked straight away.

I am having new fibre network installed next month so I will try again to connect the printer to my Mesh system once it is all connected to the new fibre.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

After trying to connect, this is displayed on the screen.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 08.39.47.png

And here is the wireless network report

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 08.42.02.png

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @Dannyk7,

I'd like to help!

To assist better -

1. Are you trying to connect your printer to your home network,public network or without a router?
  2.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?

I noticed that report says filtering failed e which indicates that the routers have hardware address filtering enabled.

We need to turn the filtering off, You can call the router provider to make these changes

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Have tried many things to correct my issue and finally got a temporary fix.

For some reason, the wireless wizard will not connect to my Mesh system, even though it was previously connected to it.

So I have had to turn back on my wifi on my providers router and connected it to this. And it worked straight away.

I am having new fibre network installed next month so I will try again to connect the printer to my Mesh system once it is all connected to the new fibre.

HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing your fix.

Keep us posted with the results.

HP Recommended

In my experience (Officejet Pro 6830) it will NOT connect to a wi-fi mesh network. Clearly HP devices do not support this standard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.