Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Hello I  have had the HP Lazer Jet Pro Color MPF 276nw for years. I  use a Mac and never had any issues. I kept getting "this software will destroy your computer etc."  for the first time several days ago. I called mac and told them I have OS 10.15.6. I downloaded the June 2020 HP driver easy admin.. After an hour on the phone with support, I had to click through each warning message and I could print. The scanner does not work. I updated to MAC OS 10.15.7 but it did not fix the problem. They told me to contact HP, but I went around in circles there just trying to get help and see if there was an update that will fix this issue.

The mac advisor said  to contact HP to see if there was an up date. Thanks for any insight- Love this device and need to scan 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

My post has been moved, and edited...does anyone have a solution?

HP Recommended

@splitsecond, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which app are you using to scan from your MAC?

You may use one of the 3 methods shown in this document to scan from your MAC - How to scan

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Let us try scanning via HP Easy Scan:

1. Make sure your printer is on and connected to your Mac with a USB cable or local wireless network.
  2. Open Finder, select Applications, and then look for HP Easy Scan.

If HP Easy Scan does not display, download and install the HP Easy Scan app from the App Store, and then open the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I did this process before and keep getting a series of pop-up warning windows about various framework damaging my computer. After clicking  through them via the OK button, I can print.  The printer test printed (Printing is enabled). The was no Search for Updates in Easy install. I got the page online that says installation successful. I can print, but every time, I have to click through the warning pop-ups. Same with the scanner however the waiting for scanner spinning icon never stops.

How do I get the pop-ups to stop and the scanner to connect? Many thanks

HP Recommended

I can scan to a flash drive

HP Recommended

@splitsecond

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue- A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing ...

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Any news when HP will have the software for MAC OS 10.15.7 ? Thanks

HP Recommended

@splitsecond

What software are you referring to?

The printer driver is available on the HP Support site for macOS 10.15. Click here to check/download the same.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.