Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 6940
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I recently upgraded my modem and router (Spectrum) and can no longer get my printer (Deskjet 6940) on line. They couldn't help me at Spectrum or here with the Virtual Chat. Printer is not wireless-enabled but connected via Ethernet cable and was working fine before the upgrade. Support at Spectrum said he saw evidence that printer was connected, but at this end it still remains offline. I have run out of options. The printer does print a self-test page. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mhamburg

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the HP Smart App: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2073929-1413451-16

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. This printer (HP Deskjet 6940) is not a wireless printer. There doesn't seem to be support for these older models.

Michael

HP Recommended

Please do check with your internet service provider if the the router is on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. According to Spectrum, this router works at either 2.4 or 5 GHz depending on the device. This printer is directly connected via an ethernet cable. My feeling that this is a case of obsolescence.

HP Recommended

This Printer supports 2.4 GHz only. Are the other devices working with this Wi-Fi?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.