Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LASER 107W

Hi I recently bought and set up an HP Laser 107w printer.

Everything works fine but the printer's web interface will not accept my admin password (nor the default password) and I cannot reset it...

Any suggestions?

Is there any way to completely "factory reset" the whole thing? I don't mind doing everything from the beginning...

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is the printer connected with a USB or wirelessly?

If it is connected wirelessly, please temporarily connect it with a USB, as the document state it is only possible with a USB connection.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may perform a such from a Windows PC with the HP Easy Printer Manager, from the top menu toggle to advance view and from there you may reset the network settings, similar to as described below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05591645

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hello,

first of all let me thank you for your swift reply, although i'm afraid the hp easy printer manager is no longer available. I can't find it on any download page on the site (or the search). I only found the samsung version which doesn't support my printer.

Any suggestions?

Could you maybe share a link?

HP Recommended

Sure,

Download and install its latest Full Feature Software below, be sure to check the HP Easy Printer Manager software option during the install wizard:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/Laser103_107/HP_Laser_103_107_108_Full_Software_a...

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Much appreciate, but still...

When I open the easy printer manager under the advanced setting menu i only have 2 options

device settings which is basically a link to EWS and alert settings.

the previous guide you kindly sent me was showing a different menu in the app.... i guess it got updated and by far simplified

so... what do i do now...?

HP Recommended

Hi,

It is very similar, I did test it in the past with successful results.

At the top pane you should see an option to show Advanced Settings, then you may find the Network Settings at the top pane, and scroll down as shown by the document to clear the settings and check for any difference then.

Please let me know if you cannot locate it, I will clarify tomorrow as soon as having access to a 107 printer..

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hello,

this is the interface i'm seeing

Image 27-12-20 at 10.13 PM.jpg

Image 27-12-20 at 10.14 PM.jpg

This is the menu that appears when you click on the gear (top right)

Image 27-12-20 at 10.15 PM.jpg

Hope this helps in clarifying the issue....

Many thanks!

P.S. HP Easy Printer Manager Version is 2.0.1.48

HP Recommended

Thanks for the details @th3c0ach.

After expending the Advanced Settings at the top bar, click on Device Settings and there you should find the Network Settings section there, scroll down and you should see the Clear button at the bottom.

Please let me know if you could find it,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hello,

yes, i get what you're saying, it's just that on the current version under the Advanced Settings/Device Settings there is absolutely nothing except for a redirection to the web interface of the printer.

 As it's displayed here:

I mean that's all... no further options

Image 27-12-20 at 10.14 PM.jpg

HP Recommended

Is the printer connected with a USB or wirelessly?

If it is connected wirelessly, please temporarily connect it with a USB, as the document state it is only possible with a USB connection.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.