Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet cp2025dn
macOS 10.15 Catalina

After years of no problems, today my CP2025DN will not print. The printer is connected wirelessly (bonjour). Print jobs show up in the queue then disappear with no printing occurring.

I removed and reinstalled the printer both by name and by IP address - no change.

I powered down/up the printer multiple times with no change.

I reset the printer system and added the HP again - same results.

I powered down/up Internet but this made no difference.

A different manufacturers ink jet, also connected wirelessly is working fine.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Additional info - I installed the HP Smart. It eventually showed the printer but provides its status as offline. The printer display says "Ready"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I contacted tech support:

link: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once done with installing> Please try printing .

Seems to be issues with Mac update, Emerging issue.

we are working on issue and keep you updated once we have the resolution.

As of now we have escalated the issue to concerned team

We are waiting for update.

Representative will contact via email once a solution is reached

or call the phone support number 1800-334-5144 (Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST) , and we will be glad to assist you.

Tech support said to expect a solution by Monday.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have the exact same experience this morning.  The web-based printer page will print printer info.  I tried to print from another mac (running older os) and it did not print.

HP Recommended

Hopefully, someone on the forum will be able to help.

I've also tried to reinstall the printer using the HP Smart App. After removing then adding the printer (using "+"), I selected add. HP Smart when into an endless spinning loop "Finding the printer..."  The note says, "This can take a couple of minutes, depending on your network speed."  40 minutes later, still spinning.

HP Recommended

My daughter was able to print from her surface tablet (windows).

HP Recommended

I contacted tech support:

link: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Once done with installing> Please try printing .

Seems to be issues with Mac update, Emerging issue.

we are working on issue and keep you updated once we have the resolution.

As of now we have escalated the issue to concerned team

We are waiting for update.

Representative will contact via email once a solution is reached

or call the phone support number 1800-334-5144 (Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST) , and we will be glad to assist you.

Tech support said to expect a solution by Monday.

HP Recommended

I have same issue.  Print queue dialog shows the word "incoming" for a moment,  then nothing.  No printing occurs
I have done everything that original post has done - except test different printer.  I can connect to printer using IP address in browser,  all product information displays as expected.  I can print information from this web page without issue.
I am running latest MacOS,  Catalina  10.15.7

HP Recommended

Loaded new driver.
Same result as before...  "incoming",  then "printing" but nothing happens

HP Recommended

I managed to use a mates CP2025n today,  Printer works fine (is newer than mine)  
Exactly the same problem on this 2nd 2025.
So is not a printer-specific problem

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing this update. Just to be sure I understand, you attempted to use a mate's CP2025dn but had the same problem - brief indication of the print job in the printer status, but then the job disappeared with nothing happening?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Just printed a Word document - hadn't knowingly made any new changes/updates but the printer worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.