Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status.
10-01-2022 03:57 PM
Product: HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just moved to a new location and have a new router for WiFi. I have successfully connected my printer, laptop, and desktop to the network. However, the printer will not communicate with either computer. The computers both say "the computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device". I have confirmed that they are all on the same network. They worked together at my former location. rebooted the router, printer, and desktop and that did not help. I re-installed the driver on the desktop but that did not help. Do you have any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
10-20-2022 07:06 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting the offline error, I am glad to assist you.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix connectivity and printing issues.
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
- If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
- If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
- Try to print.
.Assign a manual IP address to manually connect the printer.
Find the printer IP address from the network configuration page to assign it manually.
- On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display the second navigation screen.
- Touch Setup (). The Setup Menu displays.
- Touch the Down Arrow (), touch Reports, and then touch Network Configuration Page. The network configuration page prints
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address from the page you printed, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wireless.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can try steps 2 and steps 4 in this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
10-22-2022 10:33 AM
Thank you for your response. I still have not resolved the problem. I tried the Print and Scan Doctor. It finds the printer but comes back with the statement that it fails to communicate with the printer. I tried everything the Print and Scan Doctor suggests with no change. The printer is connected to the network and I printed the HP Network Configuration Page. However, the IP address is unusual. It is 169.254.143.104. It used to be 192.168.1.193. When I type the IP address into the browser, the browser says the site can't be reached. I ran Windows Network Diagnostics and it couldn't fix it. This happens with either IP address. So I can't connect manually. I previously reinstalled the printer driver with no success. I think the problem is with the printer not the computer. I am getting very frustrated with this problem.
10-25-2022 09:53 AM
This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.
I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community