Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, 

I could not connect my computer to my Envy 4520 even though both was correctly connected to the wifi (and it was not my first time using it). I tried printing using its IP address, but the file never went through. In the printer queue, I could read "Connected to the printer" and its progress line got to a full one, which let me think that the print was done. When "done", it disappeared right away from the queue like if an error occurred. Can you please tell me where do the files go when sent to the printer IP address from a computer. Do the Envy 4520 allows IP connection?

Thanks you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EnvyUser21

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

This could be a connectivity or driver issue. Firstly, let's update the printer firmware and the macOS first.

• Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the MAC
  • Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
  • Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Once connected, perform a PING test to check the connectivity. If 0% loss, re-install the printer using AirPrint driver.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.