Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2710e All-in-One Printer

Hi,

When setting up my printer I was required to create an HP Smart account.

I realised I do not need one and would like to delete it.

I rung up the customer support line and was told it was not possible to delete an account, which I’m fairly sure is a breach of UK data privacy laws.

please could I have my account deleted?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you have any other HP Account? as you refer to an HP Plus priner.

Assuming you subscribed to HP Plus (6 months of free ink trial and additional 1-year warranty), an HP Account an internet access are required, please consider that too.

You may contact the HP Privacy Team using below form:

https://www.hp.com/us-en/privacy/ww-privacy-form.html

Be sure to select the " Request regarding personal data (data copies or data deletion)" option and clarify the need to delete your HP Smart account, among your account details to delete the account.

Please note that it may take  up to 5 business days,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you have any other HP Account? as you refer to an HP Plus priner.

Assuming you subscribed to HP Plus (6 months of free ink trial and additional 1-year warranty), an HP Account an internet access are required, please consider that too.

You may contact the HP Privacy Team using below form:

https://www.hp.com/us-en/privacy/ww-privacy-form.html

Be sure to select the " Request regarding personal data (data copies or data deletion)" option and clarify the need to delete your HP Smart account, among your account details to delete the account.

Please note that it may take  up to 5 business days,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Many thanks,

All the best

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.