Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2541 All-in-One Printer

I have had my Deskjet 2541 All-In-One printer connected wireless to my home Wifi for a while now and both of the desktop PCs connected to my home network have been able to print with it with no problems at all. That was until I changed my Wifi unit for a new one. Everything in my whole house is able to connect to the new Wifi unit and work just fine except for the Deskjet 2541 All-In-One printer. I have tried the usual way that I used to connect this printer to a Wifi network before, no luck. I tried connecting to my PC with a USB cable and then switching the printer to connect to the Wifi. Didn't work either. I also tried using the Print and Scan Doctor to find and fix the connection problem with the same result. I even tried doing a factory reset. I have tried every way that I could find to try. It keeps coming back with an error that I should turn off the Mac Address function of my Wifi router and try to connect again. MY Wifi router device does not have a Mac Address function that I know of and at the least it does not have a way to turn it off or on.

My main question is: I have a color ink cartridge that is very low on ink and the yellow light for that is on constantly. Will the empty ink cartridge and the yellow light on cause a bad enough error to keep the printer from connecting to a new Wifi network?

I currently have the printer connect to my desktop PC with a USB cable and it is working that way just fine, except for printing anything in color because of the empty color cartridge. My budget at the moment won't let me just go buy a #61 Tri-Color cartridge just to see if that fixes the connection problem.

Does anyone know if having an empty ink cartridge in the printer will cause a problem in setting up a wireless connection to a Wifi network? Any feedback on this question/problem would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TheRD55,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Wifi connection is nothing to do with the cartridges. 

Let's try these steps and see how it goes. 

Step 1 Network Restore -

On the printer's control panel - 

1) Touch the "Wireless icon". 

2) Touch the "Settings" icon. 

3) Select "Restore Network Settings". 

4) Select "Yes". 

Step 2 Reboot the devices -

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer. 

2) Wait for 60 seconds. 

3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize. 

4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself. 

5) Turn on the computer.

Step 3 Run Wireless Wizard - 

On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.