Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 4524
iOS

Please help! My HP 4524 has started waking up randomly on its own - roughly every half an hour - it sits beside the TV so super annoying - and with the price of electricity at the moment the lit screen is like watching pound coins fly out of it.

I’ve tried unplugging it for 2 days, reset all the WiFi and router connections, turned off every device in the house which could possibly be talking to it and still it continues to taunt me.

Please help this damsel in distress 😩

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ Buyvyuvhvhh,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

  

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

Those reset steps were not correct for my printer. I found another way to reset it and it still continues to keep turning on. I’m also getting a blue screen instead of the normal screen every time I turn it on. It only intermittently goes to the correct screen where I can actually do something now. I can’t leave the printer in sleep mode as it keeps waking up. Really disappointed in this printer now - even though it’s logged into WiFi and signed in I’m also getting messages that it’s not communicating with HP. It’s so annoying as when I can get it to print, the printing quality  is absolutely fine.

HP Recommended

HI@Buyvyuvhvhh,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you run the HP printer and scan doctor and it will automatically find and fix connectivity issues.

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program.

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts

HP Recommended

Is this a joke? You have reviewed my post have you? No you haven’t - because you have answered a problem I absolutely don’t have. I have never said I can’t connect to the WiFi network. Any fool can do that.

The problem STILL is -  my HP printer is currently waking up for no reason every ten minutes.

The bigger problem now, is that despite asking HP for help several times, the incompetence of your customer service and support is driving me to distraction. 
Please can you either do better, send me a new printer, or stop charging me every month for a printer I can no longer use because your support is non existent? 
I was a previously big fan of HP and instant ink and recommended it to many people. I am now an unhappy customer with no support. It’s not good for business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.