Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2544
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a Deskjet 2544 Printer. It used to work fine until I switched internet providers a year ago.

For a year it's been giving me all sorts of wireless issues. I can only use the printer with the wire.

Here's what I have done:

I have reset the printer, updated printer firmware, reset printer wireless settings by holding wifi button + X button, uninstalled and reinstalled all HP software on my PC, reconnected the printer to my Internet.

The printer works wirelessly only after I unplug & plug it back in for a few minutes. I am able to use the HP Smart application on my phone to print things and I am also able to print stuff wirelessly from my computer.

After a few minutes, the printer seems to go into some sort of sleep mode that is not waken up wirelessly (only with the wire).  On my computer, it will say that it's unable to connect and on my android phone HP Smart app says that it's unavailable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to fix the issue by connecting to my second router. For some reason the printer doesn't like my primary router. I'll try the steps you provided and let you know if it fixes the connection issue with my main router. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@onemuneeb

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)

2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and left-click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.

3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.

4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to fix the issue by connecting to my second router. For some reason the printer doesn't like my primary router. I'll try the steps you provided and let you know if it fixes the connection issue with my main router. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Sure, do keep us posted 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.